Friday, July 8, 2011

My Shrek-A-Licious Experience!



Just a blog post to brag about my recent Shrek-A-Licious Experience! I have always been loyal to Shrek related productions: The first animated fantasy comedy film and its three enjoyable sequels, the mind-blowing soundtrack by Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell (you should really check out the main titles named "Fairy Tale", definitely one of the best tracks ever featured in a CG film score), The exciting 4D adventure in Universal Studios, and now, the latest Live Musical I just watched in London.

Besides the huge dragon puppet that obviously became most audience's favourite, I fell in love with the musical just by laughing at its hilarious jokes, let alone those sophisticated and witty subtextual connotations. The musical retained the movies humour. Although the orange tabby cat with a sword and its leather boots (Puss) wasn't in it, the hyperactive and annoying Donkey still made my day when he started talking.

Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
Donkey: Example?
Shrek: Example. OK, er, ogres are like... onions!
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes. No! Onions have layers! Ogres have layers. D'you get it? We both have layers!
Donkey: Oh, you both have layers. You know not everybody like onions! Eh, cakes!Everybody loves cakes! Cakes have layers!
Shrek: I don't care what everyone likes! Ogres are not like cakes.


Besides, one of the Pinocchio's lines caught my attention too.

I’m wood, I’m good; get used to it!


I wouldn't stop when it comes to Shrek-sharing. I remember how my best friends and I used to repeat the jokes in the movies 10 years ago. Wow, TEN years.

By the way, do you know there's a website called WikiShrek? I just spent my 2 hours glancing through all fancy details about the movie and its characters!