Friday, July 8, 2011

The Tree of Life



Not long after the amazing masterpiece Life in a Day directed by Ridley Scott that brought me to tears, there's this another movie called The Tree of Life coming soon to inspire me about the origins and meanings of life.

I remember a few months back when I first talked to my friend over lunch, he asked me which type of movie I loved the most? I wasn't sure what to answer, was he referring to my most prefered genre? Thrillers or romantic comedies? Or was he referring to the them which the film emphasized on? Finally I settled down with this answer: Movies that makes me think about life rarely goes wrong!

Voilà! I've got two in a row! I have a funny thought that maybe these encounters are aligned to let me experience a specified purposeful adventure. Sometimes I'd sit down and recall, when did I sign up for this self-development program with God? Like for now, I'm taking lessons on Life, via some thought-provoking indie films and my solitude travel. I learn new things everyday, exciting stuffs happen all the time even if I'm alone, all the time.

Well, it is better to travel alone than with a bad companion. Not that I had any, I just feel like its time to reconnect with my inner self and with God, though solitude, silence and surrender.